Sheng Zhen Qigong
The Qigong of Unconditional Love
I am a certified teacher of Sheng Zhen Qigong having studied with the principal teacher Master Li Jun Feng at the Academy of Oriental Medicine at Austin, Texas since 2003. Through all of my studies of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, I have found the practice of Sheng Zhen Qigong to be one of the greatest sources of self-healing and universal connection. It is my desire to share this practice with others and embody the spirit of Sheng Zhen.
What is Qi (chee)
Qi is the energetic "life force" that animates all living things. With Qi everything lives and grows, without Qi, all things diminish. We are born with constitutional Qi. After birth we derive Qi from the air we breathe, the food we eat, and the environment. You can not see Qi, and it's hard to measure, but through the practice of Qigong, you can learn to FEEL Qi.
What is Qigong (chee-gong)
Qigong means "Qi at work". Qigong combines gentle movements with breathing to promote the exchange of Qi between you and the universe. It is an energy cultivation system that can restore health and balance to your mind, body, and spirit. I call it "Free Medicine".
What is Sheng Zhen Qigong (Shung Jen)Listen to Master Li
Sheng Zhen Wuji Yuan Gong is a system of standing, seated, and lying, moving and non-moving qigong forms and meditations. This style of Qigong is unique because the forms include contemplative messages. The forms are inspired and named after the world's great spiritual leaders; Jesus, Mohammed, Kuan Yin, and Lao Tzu to show unity and oneness with all and to express the universal teaching of Love. The benefits of Sheng Zhen Qigong are:
- Physical Health - The practice of this Qigong relaxes the body, promotes circulation, increases flexibility, and strengthens the immune system. Many disease processes are due to a stagnation of Qi, when Qi is circulating and exchanging properly the body is restored to health and balance.
- Emotional Health - This Qigong is always practiced with an inner smile and a joyful heart. When the mind is clear and free of worry, stress, and anger you experience emotional balance and the ability to experience life's ups and downs with ease and grace.
- Spiritual Health-The Opening of the Heart - Sheng Zhen means "Sacred Truth" which is Unconditional Love. When you practice this Qigong with the contemplations and meditation you gain awareness and understanding of yourself and the world. Your heart begins to open as you merge with the universe and return to your "natural state" of oneness with all. The "natural state" is the state of Unconditional Love.
"I have studied Qigong (Standing, Seated, Moving) & Tai Chi Chuan, Ba Gua Zhang, Taoist & Buddhist Meditations, and Chinese-based martial arts, etc. since 1991. I found that Sheng Zhen Qigong is truly unique in that its root is based in Unconditional Love. It also places an emphasis on being "joyful", while doing the exercises, potentially drawing into a deeper inner spiritual connection."
P.E., Atlantic Beach, FL
I teach Private, Semi-Private and Group Classes as well as Weekend Workshops. Please visit my calendar for a current schedule.
- Private and Semi-Private (2-3 people): Classes - $60/hr
- Group classes and Workshops: Rates vary
View Some Qigong Forms